If you're one of the many fitness enthusiasts who think the secret to gaining muscles and losing weight lies in the vast world of the Internet, then this might help you. 

While there are lots of things you'll read online that promise a toner body in X weeks or months or by using only X techniques, these aren't going to help you unless you start moving and eating right.

To keep it simple, here are 4 facts about losing weight and gaining muscle you need to understand:

1.       Copying the diet or exercise techniques of body builders will not help you. Their goal is different from what an ordinary person who just want to become fit.

2.       More muscle mass, more calories to burn. That is why after 3-4 months of muscle building, the cutting stage will be more effective and you will get leaner.

3.       If you want to build muscles, consume more calories than you burn. If you want to lose weight, stick to water, green tea, and cut out soda, juice, and other high-calorie beverages. 80% of results come from nutrition and diet, the other 20%, from your physical activity.

4.       It is impossible to gain muscle and to lose weight while doing a single program.  If your goals are to gain muscle and lose fat, you need to use a way of alternating between bulking up and leaning out that works for you.

There's no silver bullet to getting the physique you want. It will take time and a lot of effort. It will come to a point where it'll become too daunting but with determination, motivation, and knowing the right things to do, you will achieve your goals.


Sources: 

http://www.fitness.com/articles/1622/the_truth_about_gaining_muscle_and_losing_weight.php

Photo: http://www.livestrong.com/article/331633-i-am-building-muscle-but-not-losing-weight/

Comment